Camelback Ranch-Glendale celebrates the history and tradition of two of Major League Baseball’s storied franchises when it holds its first Legends Weekend to highlight the beginning of its fifth year as the spring home of the Chicago White Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers.
Both clubs will welcome past standout players for their respective Cactus League home openers.
Dodgers legends will be honored at the 1:05 p.m. Los Angeles spring home opener on Saturday, Feb. 23 (against the White Sox).
The former Dodgers greats will hold an in-stadium autograph session from 11:30 a.m-12:30 p.m. before being introduced in pre-game ceremonies.
The following Dodgers legends are scheduled to appear.
- • Ron Cey (1971-82)
- • Tim Leary (1987-89)
- • Manny Mota (1969-80, 1982)
- • Fernando Valenzuela (1980-90) *
- • Maury Wills (1959-66, ’1969-72)
- • Steve Yeager (1972-85) *Unavailable for autograph session due to broadcast commitment
White Sox legends will take a bow the following day, Sunday, Feb. 24, prior Chicago’s Cactus League home opener (against the Dodgers). They also will hold an in-stadium autograph session from 11:30 a.m-12:30 p.m. before being introduced in pregame ceremonies.
The following White Sox legends are scheduled to appear.
- • Floyd Bannister (1983-87)
- • Jerry Hairston (1973-77, ’81-89)
- • Ron Karkovice (1986-97)
- • Ron Kittle (1982-86, ’89-91)
- • Steve Stone (1973, ’77-78 )
Former player participation is subject to change.
Camelback Ranch-Glendale plans to make Legends Weekend an annual event to honor Dodgers and White Sox stars of the past and the franchises’ traditions.